Posts tagged certification
In July of 2011, I took and passed the VCA-DT exam based on View 4.x; however, I figured it was time to go ahead and update to the VCP-DT on View 5.x. I found a 25% off exam coupon on Twitter around Thanksgiving time, so I went ahead and scheduled it using that (I’ve seen these floating around frequently and it usually states for the VCP specifically but also applies to VCP-Desktop and VCP-Cloud, from my experience).
Due to Holidays and travel plans, my study time was a little cramped but was able to put together some notes based on the blue print and study some great resources that others in the community have put together. The following are the resources I used:
- VMware Community Member jkpk’s VCP5-DT Notes – Security Guide, Administration Guide, Installation Guide, and Architecture Planning Guide
- SpeakVirtual’s VCP5-DT Blueprint Study Guide
- My personal VCP5-DT Exam Notes
- Official VMware View 5.1 Architecture Planning Guide
- Official VMware View 5.1 Installation Guide
- Official VMware View 5.1 Administration Guide
- Official VMware View 5.1 Security Guide
As far as my experience, I arrived at the testing center early, but myself and others (who were taking things like TSA exams, Microsoft exams, and Cosmetology exams) weren’t able to begin until an hour or so later due to the proctor arriving late. I thought the test was challenging but passed with a pretty good score so in the end it all worked out. I was able to finish with about 45 minutes left of the total 90 minutes allowed. I hope the aforementioned documents prove helpful, and I wish the best of luck to all others in their efforts to obtain this certification!