Posts tagged srm
Interesting Q&A’s from April:
- Question: How can SRM/vSphere Replication’s network utilization be throttled?
- Answer: There is no built-in method. The best solution is to use Network I/O Control, which requires Enterprise Plus licensing.
- Question: Is it possible to change swap file location for a running VM?
- Answer: Yes, this process is described in KB 2003956.
- Question: Can’t activate OEM XP Install after P2V
- Answer: P2V is successful, but cannot activate. This is due to OEM licensing, which is bound to particular hardware. Switch to a Volume Licensing Key or try contacting Microsoft.
- Question: How to properly use Storage vMotion with VMware View Virtual Desktops
- Answer: For Manual Pools (non-Linked Clones), Storage vMotion will work fine. For Linked Clones, rebalance the VMs to the new datastores.
- Question: Does adding more vCPUs do permanent damage?
- Answer: No, this only causes problems with older versions of Windows that had specific HALs for SMP/non-SMP. If there is a problem, the VM can be reverted back to the previous vCPU count.
- Question: Should re-assigning desktops move the profile in VMware View?
- Answer: Re-assigning users to new desktops does not move the profile. To get that experience, one could detach the persistent disk then recreate a desktop from it.