Posts tagged vcsa
Ran into the following error when working on the home lab: Failed to connect to VMware Lookup Service https://vcenter01.eeg3.lab:7444/lookupservice/sdk – SSL certificate verification failed.
It turns out this was caused by the SSL certificate still matching the original hostname, which the web client does not seem to like. Re-generating the SSL certificate is pretty simple, though:
- Log in the VCSA itself via https://<vcsa-name>:5480
- Navigate to the ‘Admin’ tab
- Turn ‘Certificate regeneration enabled‘ to ‘yes‘ by using the ‘Toggle certificate setting‘ button
- Reboot the vCenter Server Appliance
During reboot, the following message should appear on the VM console: Regenerating the self-signed certificates.
Logging in through the Web Client should now work again. After the certificate was regenerated, I went back into the VCSA appliance and un-toggled the regeneration.
After doing the previous, I noticed regenerating the certificates can cause some oddities with other applications that depend on SSO, such as vSphere Data Protection:
A reboot of the VDP appliance appears to be all that is needed to resolve the sync issue.